Utah Wedding Photographers
White Haute Photography
2016 Award Recipient
You thought the hard part was finding the right person, falling in love, and getting engaged… until you started planning for your wedding! We know the feeling, we have been married since 2007 and wedding planning, while exciting and exhilarating, can also be stressful. White Haute Photography is here to help you plan your Utah wedding (or your destination wedding wherever that may be!) with some helpful tips, links to the best Utah wedding vendors, and words of wisdom from our 12 years being professional wedding photographers.
The first step in the process, after you’ve found your soulmate of course, is to search for Utah wedding venues and find the right one for you. Think about your style, the time of year, and the size of your wedding guest list. Immediately you’ll be able to scratch a few potential sites off your list. For instance, if you are getting married during the winter, it would probably not be smart to search for “outdoor wedding venues utah“. If you’re looking for a rustic feel, you could look for barn wedding venues in Utah, for example. Figuring out some of the basics first will drastically cut down on your search time and save you some headache.
Budget is also a concern. It’s always nice to work with a fairly unlimited budget, but that is rare these days. We would all love to be comparing Park City wedding venues and having to choose between the St Regis Deer Valley or the Waldorf Astoria Park City. But if you’re like us, you’re looking for an affordable Utah wedding venue. Luckily, there’s still plenty of beautiful locations to choose from, and you can always find out if anyone in the family has a home or property that you could use for your wedding at little to no cost.
Have questions? Get in touch!
What people are saying
Read the full review
“As a wedding coordinator, not often do I get to work with a duo like Chris and Erinn. Upon first handshake, their warm personalities was enough to assure my team and I that we’d have a good and very important day together… And they reflected true when the photos were released. They turned out fantastic and the fun day are exuded perfectly in every shot!! Chris and Erinn are definitely a solid photography couple and I’m very much looking forward to partnering with them again. If you want outstanding shots and a great minute-by-minute play throughout the special day, get connected with Chris and Erinn!”
Read the full review
“Thank you very much to Chris and the White Haute team for such an excellent job with our wedding photography. It is truly an art to be able to take beautiful photos while making the bride and groom feel comfortable and at ease. Chris and his team did an excellent job from start to finish in capturing the essence of our wedding day. We were recommended by a friend to use White Haute for our wedding photography, and we are so happy we chose them and decided to make the investment as the photos turned out better than we could have expected. We can’t wait to have them shoot our maternity & family sessions in the future!!”
Read the full review
“Chris and Erinn did an outstanding job capturing amazing photos from both our engagement session and wedding day. Chris and Erinn are a beautiful couple who work great as a team. They made us feel comfortable and really know how to make a couple bring out their inner Blue Steel. They are both very professional, personable, and creative when it comes to photography! Thank you very much to the White Haute team for capturing the best day ever and being patient with all of our requests. Looking forward to using your services in the future!!”
Read the full review
“Simply stunning photos! From our engagement session with Chris to the wedding with both Chris and his wife, Erinn, the moments they capture are breathtaking.
Professional yet personable, great communicators, and exceptional photo quality are just a few reasons you should hire this dynamite duo!”
Read the full review
“I literally squealed when I saw the Sneak Peek photos. Chris and Erinn were awesome throughout every part of the process. We were dealing with rain in the forecast, so Chris emailed a few days in advance to suggest getting some uniform umbrellas in case we needed them.
We were fortunate enough to have the rain clear just in time, and the proof is in the pudding…would absolutely recommend them for any event, they capture EVERY SINGLE detail, and every time I look at these photos I will smile, and thank them!”
Finding Utah wedding photographers
Hopefully, second on your list after the venue is to find yourself a good, professional wedding photographer. Photography can make or break your memories of your wedding day. After the cake has been eaten, the flowers have dried up and your dress is sealed away, the photos (and wedding video, perhaps) will be all you have to remember that wonderful day. We always strongly suggest that you don’t skimp on your wedding photographer. Book the photographer you really want, even if it means saving a little money here and there on other aspects of your wedding. Hiring the right Utah wedding photographer will not only give you piece of mind on your wedding day, but they can be a resource leading up to the big day.
We work with brides from the moment they first contact us to help them plan their perfect wedding day. Even if you decide to hire another Utah wedding photographer, we are happy to be a resource to help you find the best wedding vendors in Utah. First and foremost, we want you to have the day you have always dreamed about, because we never want to hear about brides who second-guessed their choices after the wedding is over.
Here is a good checklist to keep handy when you are searching Utah wedding photographers.
- Are they really a “professional”? Do they have their own web site, or just a Facebook page? Do they use a branded email address, or only a Gmail or Hotmail account? These are quick clues to help separate the professionals from the amateurs. Granted, it’s easy to design your own branded web site these days, but if the wedding photographer doesn’t even have that, you should move on immediately.
- Are they insured? Insurance is a huge issue for photographers, and weddings in general. Every vendor you work with should have business liability insurance. This coverage will help protect the vendor, you and your guests if there is any accident or incident at your wedding. Ask for a copy of any potential Utah wedding photographers insurance policy. If they don’t have any, it could come back to haunt you down the road.
- Do they have backup equipment? Every photographer should have backups on hand during your wedding, in case anything goes wrong, and believe me, it can definitely go wrong. Cameras can stop working, memory cards can malfunction, or batteries can die. The last thing you want is your photographer struggling to find a spare charged battery or have their only camera start flashing error messages in the middle of your ceremony.
- How long have they been in business? While new photographers can be incredibly talented, an experienced wedding photographer will have dealt with every pitfall a wedding can throw at you, and know how to react. Weddings do not offer chances for do-overs, and your wedding photographer needs to have the experience to adjust quickly to any situation and continue on as if nothing ever happened.
- Does the photographer match the style I’m looking for? The last thing you want to do is find a Utah wedding photographer that shoots one style and ask them to change that for your wedding. Find a photographer who “speaks” to you through their images. Do you love dramatic lighting and poses, or are you a romantic that wants soft, timeless photos? Choose a wedding photographer you feel comfortable with even before you shake their hand or speak to them on the phone.
- Do their prices fit your budget? Or can your budget fit their prices? There are two ways to look at this: One, you can set a budget and find the best wedding photographer in Utah that fits into that number. Or two, you can find the best Utah wedding photographer and try to fit your budget to afford their services. We like to think the latter choice is the best, however we know budgets are limited for the most part. In your search for an affordable Utah wedding photographer, don’t be shy to ask for their prices. Utah wedding photographer prices should never be hidden, or kept under lock and key. If it’s not the right fit financially, there’s incentive for both parties to move on. So be up front and get packages and prices from these wedding photographers and you’ll save yourself some time and effort.
White Haute Photography has been in business since 2004, is fully insured and a member of the Professional Photographers of America.
Elope in Utah
Why would you choose to elope in Utah instead of having a big formal wedding? Well, because there are so many amazing, jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring locations in Utah to elope. Utah truly is the best place to elope in the US.
Choose from any of the stunning National Parks in Utah. You could have a Zion National Park elopement, or a Utah mountain elopment. Explore Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, or even Monument Valley. Or stay closer to the Salt Lake city area and elope on the Bonneville Salt Flats, or in a grove of trees in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
White Haute Photography is the perfect Utah elopement photographer because we share your passion for adventure. If you are up for it, so are we!